Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tropical Fish ft. Color Elation Loose Eyeshadows!

This is my second post featuring a look using
Color Elation Cosmetics and I would love it if you
could check out my leopard look and my introduction
to the collection! 
Click Here for the intro.
and Click Here for the Leopard look!

As I state in that  my intro post, Color Elation is a small company
that makes loose eyeshadows... as of now there are
4 collections that have 4 eyeshadows each.
____________

Products Used:
face:
Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation 
Youngblood HD Powder
Sally Hanses Summer Bronzer
NYC Taupe Brow Pencil
Color Elations Spring Tide Collection used on 
temple and forhead to create "Scales"
eyes:
UD Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
NYC Navy Pencil Liner (cut crease)
Color Elations Spring Tide Collection:
Canary, White Satin, Lagoon, Sea Grass
MUA Intense Color Eye Liner in Forest Green (bottom lashline)
Sephora Liquid Liner
Elise Futuristic Lashes
lips:
Lined with NYC Navy Pencil, then MUA forest green
pencil, then NYX Jumbo Pencil in center 
After I packed on the Color Elation shadows
corresponding with each color. 







____________

Review:

Basic Info:
Can be purchased on the online store: Click Here
Price: The collection of 4 eyeshadows is $21.00
Shadows not sold individually. 

Packaging: 
The packaging of these loose eyeshadows is great! Although
it doesn't have a sifter I think that the caps are amazing because
no loose eyeshadow comes out after closing it... meaning
you can have it stored properly without worrying about a mess. 
The eyeshadows come packaged beautifully! 


Quality:
Just like I stated in my previous Leopard review, I am 
super impressed with Color Elation cosmetics! The shadows
are of amazing quality and they are colors that I did not own in 
my collection! The pigmentation of the shadows when foiled
(applied wet) is insane! And dry they are perfect for those girls 
wanting to use color but only a sheer wash of it. I recommend using
a lot of flat shadow brushes to apply them because packing on the color
is best. I also recommend wetting your brush with ELF Mist and Set or
just plain water. 


Individual Descriptions:

Sea Grass is a beautiful green color that reminds
me a lot of MAC swimming except it also has a beautiful teal tone to it. 
It is a medium toned grass green. 

Lagoon is a cool blue with grey undertones, it applies
more like a teal when wet though.  

 White Satin is a white that has a sheen/frosty finish.
Really pigmented dry or wet!

Canary is a canary yellow with the same frosty finish as 
White Satin. It is a gorgeous color perfect for fall!


Swatches are as follows: (LEFT TO RIGHT)
White Satin dry then wet
Canary dry then wet
Sea Grass dry then wet
Lagoon dry then wet 

These colors are extremely pigmented both
dry and wet! Even more than the Leopard collection!

Pros:
Amazing packaging
Good price
Great pigmentation (dry and wet)

Cons: 
Only sold online
Cannot purchase each color individually
I wish there was a matte shadow in this 
collection (I love my mattes! haha)


* Disclaimer: Color Elation sent me the loose eye shadows 
complimentary for purpose of review. All opinions are my
own. My thoughts and beliefs are not affected by it. 


hello tropical fish! ;) 






5 comments:

  1. Sheer talent! Great job mama! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interpretation Marla! The look is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Beautiful inspiration and I think you did a great job with the eyeshadow. However /I/ especially love the lip!

    ReplyDelete