Sunday, September 16, 2012

Arabic Inspired Makeup ft. Color Elation Loose Eyeshadows!

This is my third look featuring 
Color Elation Eyeshadows and I would love it if you
could check out my leopard look and my introduction
to the collection! 
Click Here for the intro.
and Click Here for the Leopard look
and Click Here for the fish inspired look! 


I am obsessed with Arabic styled makeup, I think that the intense
sexy look is so beautiful. And surprisingly enough I haven't posted
an arabic styled makeup look on my blog. I have yet to master the
technique that accompanies this style but I love how it came out!
The colors I used are bold and vibrant and definitely fun!

What are your thoughts on this type of makeup?

Products Used

Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation 
Sally Hansen Summer Bronzer
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYC Brow Kit in Brunette
MAC Lipstick in High Tea
Color Elation Eyeshadow Set in Froufrou 
(Mocha Shadow, Amethyst, Indigo Black, and Raspberry Jam)
MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow
Sephora Liquid Liner in Black
NYC Navy Liner
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara




Review:

Basic Info:
Can be purchased on the online store: Click Here
Price: The collection of 4 eyeshadows is $21.00
Shadows not sold individually. They are all sold in 5 gram jars.


Packaging: 
The packaging of these loose eyeshadows is great! Although
it doesn't have a sifter I think that the caps are amazing because
no loose eyeshadow comes out after closing it... meaning
you can have it stored properly without worrying about a mess. 
The eyeshadows come packaged beautifully! 


Quality:
Just like I stated in both of my previous reviews, the
quality of these eye shadows in incredible! Especially for the price,
4.25 each. The packaging, containers, and pigmentation all add up
to a great product. I recommend checking out my two previous
reviews for more info. (Links are at the top of this post)
One thing I can say is that this collection is not for those who 
cringe at the sight of bold and bright shadow... if you are looking
to be the center of attention I recommend Froufrou!


Individual Descriptions:



Raspberry Jam:
a vivid hot pink with subtle shimmer. it's my favorite
shadow of the bunch, especially because it is so versatile!
Shadow, blush or lip gloss.. so many uses! In the picture above
I mixed it with clear gloss to create a sheer gloss. 


Amethyst:
Grayed out purple with shimmer. When wet it has 
a very metallic look to it. Perfect for a daily smokey eye 
that isn't to harsh. 


Mocha:
A bit of a misnomer because this color doesn't remind
me of a mocha... more of a champagne with a subtle pink
undertone. Maybe Pink Champagne would have fit it better (jiijij) 
This color is gorgeous! You could see it on the inner part of my lid.
Perfect for every day!


Indigo Black:
A deep navy that is close to being black. Has 
a gorgeous metallic finish when wet. 



Swatches (left to right)
Mocha dry then wet, Raspberry Jam dry then wet, 
Amethyst dry then wet, Indigo Black dry then wet. 

Mocha has the lightest application but it is still gorgeous...
and the other shadows are very impressive!

Pros: 
Amazing packaging
Good price
Great pigmentation (dry and wet)
The collection goes well together

Cons: 
Only sold online
Cannot purchase each color individually
Mocha is gorgeous but a bit more sheer 



* Disclaimer: Color Elation sent me the loose eye shadows 
complimentary for purpose of review. All opinions are my
own. My thoughts and beliefs are not affected by it. 







7 comments:

  1. Pretty! You can do an extended cat eye shape like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is beautiful great job!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.very nice eye make up.love it.
    p.s: i am having a jewelry giveaway on my blog hope you'll check it out.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love the colours and I adore the shape you've created with the eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete