Monday, July 23, 2012

Week of Reviews: Wet & Wild MegaLast Lipsticks


Welcome to day four of 

"Week of Reviews"

Here is a brief intro:

I am going to do a review everyday for a week on different types of 
products, ranging from foundation to lip gloss... I hardly do reviews and I 
want to start doing quite a bit more. All of the products featured on this 
series will be purchased by me with my own money and of course
all of my thoughts will be completely honest. 

I love introducing my readers to new products and I think that 
the best reviews are those that are short and to the point, 
which is what I will attempt to do.... There is no need to fluff
up something with a lot of words! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

Today's featured product is
Wet & Wild Megalast Lipsticks in
901B, 902C,
968 PINKERBELLE,
and 967 DOLLHOUSE PINK



Basic Info:
Where Can It Be Purchased: Rite Aid or your local drugstore and 
wnwbeauty.com 

Price: $1.99 (price may vary depending on location)

Color Selection: Comes in a wide variety of colors 
ranging from pinks, corals, and reds. (26 shades total)




Description: 
Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, 
crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't 
cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: 
Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, 
an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, 
and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 
and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
(taken from website)




Packaging:
All of the megalast lipsticks come in an ordinary 
lipstick tube made out of plastic. The caps are clear 
which make it easy to see which color you want. 
One thing I don't like is that the lipstick does not slide
all the way done making it easy to nick the lipstick with the cap. 




Formula:
These lipsticks are amazing! The pigmentation and 
smoothness is comparable to those of a MAC lipstick! All of the
shades have equal texture: smooth and they are all a satin finish (semi-matte).
I would say that they can be a bit drying, probably due 
to their long wearing capabilities. I can wear this lipsticks for
about 3 hours until I begin to notice a big difference. They do stain
the lips slightly. I find that wearing them with a lip liner helps
the lipsticks stay on more. 




Pros:
Affordable 
Pigmented
Stays Put
Comes In A Variety Of Colors

Cons:
Can Be Drying
Not Enough Nude Shades
Lipstick Does Not Slide Down All The Way

LEFT TO RIGHT 
901B, 902C, 968 PINKERBELLE, and 967 DOLLHOUSE PINK


Overall:
I am very impressed with the Wet and Wild Megalast Lipsticks. 
They are extremely pigmented and come in hot shades! The
are definitely becoming my favorite lipsticks to use this summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment