Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week of Reviews: Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color


Welcome to day six of 

"Week of Reviews"

Here is a brief intro:

I am going to do a review everyday for a week on different types of 
products, ranging from foundation to lip gloss... I hardly do reviews and I 
want to start doing quite a bit more. All of the products featured on this 
series will be purchased by me with my own money and of course
all of my thoughts will be completely honest. 

TODAY'S ITEM WILL BE AN EXCEPTION AS I WAS SENT THIS ITEM 
AS PART OF THE INFLUENSTER SUMMER VOXBOX PROGRAM!
THANKS INFLUENSTER FOR LETTING ME TEST OUT 
THE NAIL POLISH! LIKE ALWAYS, THIS WILL BE AN HONEST
 REVIEW AND MY OPINIONS WILL NOT BE ALTERED!
IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF INFLUENSTER I WOULD DEFINITELY 
RECOMMEND CHECKING IT OUT.. YOU UNLOCK BADGES,
RECEIVE SAMPLES, AND GIVE FEEDBACK. GO TO THE SITE TO
CHECK OUT MORE DETAILS :) 

I love introducing my readers to new products and I think that 
the best reviews are those that are short and to the point, 
which is what I will attempt to do.... There is no need to fluff
up something with a lot of words! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~ 
Todays Product is
Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color
in #903 Silver Elements


Basic Info:
Where Can It Be Purchased: Drugstores such as Rite Aid, Wal-Greens and WalMart.

Price: $9.99 (price may vary) 

Colors: Available in 8 various shades 


Description:
NEW! Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color is summer’s hottest nail 
trend that allows you to create a gorgeous 3-D nail art effect 
in just seconds. This unique formula has been specially developed 
with metallic particles – just hold the built-in magnet over wet 
polish to reveal a unique design on the nail. Seal with a topcoat 
for extra shine! Learn more at www.sallyhansen.com
Easy steps
STEP 1 
Shake and Apply 2 coats
STEP 2
Hold Magnet for 10 seconds over wet nail polish
Instant Attraction!
Let dry and seal with a top coat for extra shine
(info taken from influenster product page)  


Packaging:
As the description states the polish comes with a built in magnet 
that is on the top of the cap. The top part of the cap comes off and underneath
you are left with the usual screw on nail polish cap.... I hope that the 
description makes sense. (ha ha) The packaging is sleek
and simple and easy to use, which is one of the things I like. 




Formula:
Magnetic nail polish has become all the rave in the blogging world 
since its beginnings in Italy! And now it is more affordable and
accessible with Sally Hansen. I received the color Silver Elements, a 
silver color that has a dark grey design throughout it after 
using the magnet. The polish is amazingly user friendly and is not 
that time consuming.... It took me about 10 minutes to do all my nails 
and add a top coat. One thing I do not like is that you have to hold 
the magnet really close to get the design and this sometimes causes
you to touch the nail and mess it up. Another thing I would like is if
the design shapes would show up different on each nail, the design has the
same shape and does not vary. The polish is opaque enough to cover 
the nail with two coats and it also dries fast. I also noticed that the wear
time is amazing! 5 days straight for me! 



Pros:
Good wear time
Accessible
User Friendly
Travel Friendly/Good Packaging

Cons:
Not THAT Affordable
Designs Could Vary More

Overall:
I really recommend this polish if you are looking for a cool
edgy look on your nails. 




5 comments:

  1. I've been wondering whether to invest in one of these for quite some time now, so thanks for giving your opinion ! Super helpful :)

    Bethany Paige (www.paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT BUT NOT THE PRICE IF FOUND SIMIALR FOR WAY CHEAPER :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just bought 3 color of magnetic nail polish when walgreens gave a deal $4.00 off for each one! i bought it like 5.99 each..the colors are so cool,ryt?

    ReplyDelete