Friday, July 20, 2012

Week of Reviews: Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation

I am really excited to introduce a new series 

"Week of Reviews"

I am going to do a review everyday for a week on different types of 
products, ranging from foundation to lip gloss... I hardly do reviews and I 
want to start doing quite a bit more. All of the products featured on this 
series will be purchased by me with my own money and of course
all of my thoughts will be completely honest. 

I love introducing my readers to new products and I think that 
the best reviews are those that are short and to the point, 
which is what I will attempt to do.... There is no need to fluff
up something with a lot of words! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

The first product I will review is 
Hard Candy 
Just Face It Foundation 



Basic Info: 

Where Can It Be Purchased: Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart.com, 
and anywhere Hard Candy is solf

Price: $7.00 (on average, price may vary)

Color Selection: Available in Fair, Light, Medium, and Medium Tan. 

1.19 fl. oz


Description:
Flawless skin in a flash!
One step foundation is your primer, concealer, foundation, 
and powder all in one. Leaves skin shine free and natural looking. 
(Description taken from product itself) 

Packaging:
The foundation comes in a plastic tube with a white pump
that is very controllable, which makes it easy to disperse just 
enough product without wasting it.


Formula:
The Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation is a cross between a 
mousse and liquid foundation. It is very fluffy and goes on 
smoothly. The airiness that it has makes it a breeze to blend 
and buff into the skin. I feel that the application is a lot easier
than Revlon ColorStay. It has a satin finish and it adds a luminous 
glow to the skin, which makes it ideal for people with dry to 
combination skin like me. It is a medium coverage foundation but 
it is buildable. I do feel the need to powder my face because it does 
get shiny after about 5 hours of wear. After blotting and adding 
some powder it looks like new though! It did not oxidize on my 
skin or make me breakout which is definitely a plus!



Swatched on my hand (obviously my hand is too tan ha ha) 

Pros:
Lightweight 
Very Blendable
Has Good Coverage
Very Affordable
Matches Me Perfectly 
Luminous/Satin Finish (might be a con for some people)

Cons:
Not Widely Available
Color Selection Sucks
Staying Power Can Be Better

Overall: 
I am very pleased with this foundation and I mix it
everyday with a darker foundation (now that I am tan)... I have 
had it for about 5 months and I still have plenty left! The light
and luminous finish it gives my skin looks amazing! 
I definitely recommend it to those with combination or dry skin
because it will add a special glow that brightens your complexion.
The color selection is not the best but all shades are pretty neutral 
(not yellow or pink based) so if you range from light to tannish skin
you can find a pretty good match. 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

I hope this review was helpful! Let me know if you
try out the foundation and what your thoughts are!
Stay tuned for tomorrows review!


2 comments:

  1. I must try asap! Maybe this or next weekend it will be my

    ReplyDelete