Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Julep "It Girl" Box Review and PENNY DEAL!

In my nail polish collection video most of you 
may have noticed that Julep nail polish makes
up almost 1/4 of my nail polish collection. 
They offer an amazing selection of colors and I 
am very impressed with the company. 

Let me explain a bit about the company:
Julep is a boutique nail salon that has branched out into
the online world to offer their exclusive polishes,
hand creams, and other goodies to the general public.
They have a subscription program in which you pay 
$19.99 monthly and receive a box valued at over $40.00
with nail and skin care goodies! The style quiz offered on their site
will determine which style you receive ranging from:
American Beauty, Boho Glam, Bombshell, Classic With A Twist, and It Girl. 
But don't worry! If you are not content with the style provided you 
can switch it to any other maven style. 


ps: their customer service is amazing!
______________________

This month I was sent the It Girl box which contained three beautiful polishes!
It also came with two pedicure toe separators, which was a nice surprise :) 




The packaging is always very cute! The box is a sleek black and
it has the Julep logo on it. And the bag that the polishes are in always 
has a cute ribbon tied around. There is also some shredded paper that protects
the polishes from jolts and such. One thing that I also really enjoy from
Julep is that your package always arrives promptly within
3 days! And the polishes are always in tip top shape!

The packaging of the polish itself is also very sleek. 
I have never seen a long rectangular polish container
before and I really think it stands out and looks very fancy. 

** Seche Vite top coat is used for all swatches ** 




For this box I received Sasha which is described as a 
Fresh, cantaloupe melon cream. 
And this color is exactly that! It is a gorgeous melon
color that brings out my summer tan! The opaqueness of Julep polishes
is amazing! And this polish is no exception, it is opaque with two coats. 




Lily is described as a 
Hot sizzling fuchsia cream 
and I definitely agree with the description! 
This polish reminds me a lot of 
Wet and Wild's Over The Grapevine, if you are looking
for a less expensive alternative! 
One thing that was oddly peculiar about this shade is that it 
dries to an almost matte finish... This is the first time I find
a Julep polish to dry to a finish similar to this. But with a top coat over
top it looks shiny and beautiful! 





I also received Daisy, which I now have doubles for so stay tuned for 
a Julep nail polish giveaway in the future!
Daisy is described as a 
Bright lemon yellow cream
although I would beg to differ... It is more like a canary mustardy yellow :) 
This polish is perfect for summer and I received tons of compliments on it!
You may remember it from my Pink Lemonade nails I did recently! 


Overall, I do love Julep polishes. They are opaque and the
consistency is not to goopy or liquidy. The $19.99 price tag for 
this box is well worth it as you receive each polish for around $6.50.
One thing I do want to discuss is the longevity of the polish.... which to be
completely honest is not that long! I normally get 2 days wear before the 
nail polish chips. Although I have found that buffing the nail
and sealing the free edge definitely increases the wear for a couple more
days. One thing I do want to applaud Julep for is that the nail polish
smell is not as strong as it is with other polishes, I believe this is due to 
the fact that the polishes do not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, 
DBP, and toluene which makes these polishes healthier for your nails and nose. 

Another thing that is awesome about Julep is that they donate 
some of their earnings to organizations that empower women. 

_____________________

Penny Deal!
Julep is nice enough to offer all of my readers 
living in the U.S and Canada 
an introductory box (valued at over $40) 
for only one penny! 
Yes, 
you read right... ONE CENT!

1.) Go to the Julep Site by clicking HERE 
2.) Take the style quiz
3.) At the checkout use code: MAVENINTRO


*Disclaimer: This specific box was provided for review by Julep. I am not being compensated or paid.
 In no way did the company influence my thoughts or opinions. This is my honest opinion.*

7 comments:

  1. I've seen so many posts on this box. $19.99 is a little steep for me since I'm used to buying NYC or WnW nail polishes. LOL. But I must admit, these colors are stunning. I am in love with Sasha. And the gradient nail art you created with these polishes is freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Daisy haven't used it yet but after seeing your post is what I'm gonna paint my nails next! I also love Sasha very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shades, I've been riding the fence on re-signing up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! I feel like each month Julep is getting better!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely gonna sign up!! Thanks for this doll :))

    ReplyDelete