Sunday, May 6, 2012

Youngblood and La Bella Donna Review (+swatches)

Among the things I received from Skincare By Alana 
they sent me a lip gloss from Youngblood and 
two things from La Bella Donna. 
Both these cosmetics are known for their amazing quality of
mineral cosmetics. I was so excited to receive the Youngblood
lip gloss because Youngblood is so hard to find! 
Skincare By Alana is an amazing cosmetic selling website, 
they have an amazing selection of brands and offer free shipping 
to all U.S orders! 
If you live near Dana Point, California then I recommend checking out
"Spa Alana", a day spa that specializes in serious skin care. 

______________________________________________________



 La Bella Donna Compressed Mineral Eye Shadow in Caviar
$17.00 

Site Description: 
The La Bella Donna Compressed Mineral Eye Shadow 
is formulated with gentle, nourishing minerals. 
Its silky texture glides on for crease-resistant, long-lasting wear. 
Safe for sensitive eyes, mineral pigments will not irritate the lid, 
and the formula is free of FD&C dyes, talc, oil and alcohol. 
Richly pigmented and easily layered, and may be applied wet or dry as shadow or liner.

My Thoughts:
This eye shadow is very silky, soft, and smooth. It looks matte but it is more
of a satin finish because it has a sheen to it. Caviar is a deep grey color
that is perfect for creating a smokey eye. I use it all over the lid and deepen
up the crease with a black eye shadow. It is the perfect color for those girls
that like smoky eyes but don't want the intense look that black brings.
The only thing I noticed is that it is not that easy to blend, either then that it
is really nice. I haven't used it wet yet but I will try it and get back to you guys ;)
The packaging is simple and cute, a silver container with a screw on lid.

4/5
It is amazingly smooth and pigmented, but a little hard to blend.




 La Bella Donna "Incredibly Beautiful" Baci Baci Moisturizing Lip Sheer
$26.50

Site Description: 
La Bella Donna Minerals Collection partnered with Alana Mitchell, 
owner and founder of Skincare by Alana to create an award winning lip sheer. 
Think of lips as this season's most fashion conscious accessory; 
it brings out the perfect touch of colour to complete your wardrobe. 
Baci-Baci Moisturizing Lip Sheer takes mineral lip colour to a new lip finish. 
Sodium hyaluronate creates a moisture barrier and promotes 
long term treatment and conditioning for the lips 
and just happens to be colour. The silver click pen, 
with brush applicator, makes application line defining.

 Developed as a treatment for the lips, formulated with anti-oxidants
* All naturale, organic, vitamins A, C & E, flower extracts 


and other botanicals create an extraordinary texture
* Anti-aging properties are enhanced by the presence of collagen
* The mineral pigments are so refined the colour flows over the lips with a gloss sheen

The sensuality of a berry lip sheer makes you definitely want to pucker!

My Thoughts: 
This is an amazing lip gloss, although I don't think I would call it a
lip sheer. It is very pigmented in color and looks beautiful just applied
over the top of the lips with under. I find the click pen a little bit of an annoyance
only because I hate clicking the pen to pull the color out but it does provide a
control that I do not get with doe foot applicators. My lips do feel very
moisturized when I apply this color and the lip gloss lasts about
1-2 hours with drinking, eating, and such. One thing I did not like about
the packaging was that you can't see through the tube so I saw the
color when I clicked the pen. But the formulation is awesome!

4/5
The formula is amazing, I only wish it wasn't a click pen.



Swatches: Incredibly Beautiful Lip Sheer and Caviar Eyeshadow
in daylight. 


Youngblood's Coral Kiss Lip Gloss
$23.00

Site Description: 
Youngblood's long lasting, non-sticky, non-color bleeding formula protects 
and moisturizes lips. Now in a convenient vial with the perfect sponge applicator. 
Available in 14 luminous shades. .16 oz/4.5 g

My Thoughts:
Coral Kiss is seriously the perfect for shade for summer!
I have been wearing it over top of MAC's Morange and it looks amazing! 
The picture does not do it justice, because the shimmer it has through out 
it is seriously amazing!!! The staying power is also pretty good, about
3-4 hours. The packaging is simple and nice. I am really looking 
forward to trying out some more Youngblood products. 

5/5 
Everything I want in a lip gloss...
Pigmentation? Check.
Durability? Check.
<333 



1 comment: