Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review: Sephora Long Lasting Eyeliner in Black

I recently went to Sephora in search for the 
perfect black liquid liner because, unfortunately,
ELF changed the formula and brush of their liquid liner and I hate it!
I walked into Sephora with three liquid liners in mind: 
Makeup Forever Liquid Liner
Urban Decay Liquid Liner
and Illamasqua Liquid Liner.

The Illamasqua liquid liner was quickly written off
my list because my Sephora doesn't sell Illamasqua :(
Urban Decay and Makeup Forever liquid liners are 
amazing but for the $20+ price I didn't really like
them too much ha ha. 

I was talking to the Sephora lady and she recommended
the Sephora brand liner... I swatched it on my hand and
it was love at first swatch. 

It is bold, black, and perfect. 

The formula is perfect, not to runny and not to thick. 
With one swipe you have a dark black line and 
you do not need to go over it. 
Also a plus is that it is a matte finish!

The brush is also great! It is a felt tip that has a really fine point
and I prefer felt tip applicators versus the fine brushes.
Creating a cat eye with this brush is so easy 
I could almost do it with my eyes closed ha ha >.< 

The durability is also great! When I as wiping off the swatches
at the Sephora store it took the same amount of rubbing
with makeup remover to take off the Sephora liner
as it did the Urban Decay one. 
I wore it all day today (10 am - 9 pm )
and it did not fade!

Overall, this is a really good liquid liner and I 
definitely recommend it!
5 out of 5 stars for sure!



This is a picture of me with the liner (no mascara) 
Amazing huh? 








10 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! It is really hard to find a good liquid liner.
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good!! love the bold, black and matte finish!
    wish I knew this last week when I was in Italy, sadly UK doesnt have Sephora :(

    Chloe xx
    Giada Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. might have to give this one a go really looks good :) now following please follow back
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to use this all the time! Then it ran out. ): It's great, so it enjoy it!

    xxoo,
    Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thanks for this review!
    i usually shy away from liquid because of the shiny finish.
    i will definitely give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree. This is a great liquid liner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and i like the matte finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love/hate relationship with the ELF liquid liner - this Sephora one looks so good though, your wing looks amazing! I'm definitely going to have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the ELF liquid liner, but now it just isn't the same :(

      Delete