Friday, March 30, 2012

The Path I Am Taking....

Hey Girls!

This is not really makeup related, it more so has
to do about a decision that I feel is finally set in stone..
Some of you may know that I have been cotemplating 
becoming a dermatologist. I have a year and a half left of high 
school and then I am off to college.. It is going to be an exciting new
chapter in my life and I hope I will continue to have my blog for a
long time so that all of you may in some way come along for the ride. 
I have decided that dermatology is definitely the way to go... I love 
makeup and love how it enhances our beautiful features and helps
hide the not so beautiful feautures. But I also want to help women, men, teenagers, 
and even young children feel comfortable in their own skin. After all, the
real foundation of makeup is actually our skin. 
For a big part of my life I was never comfortable in my own skin.
It is the worst feeling in the world because you feel as if you 
were born into the wrong body.... As I have grown I have learned to 
love myself for who I am and for what I have to offer.
My curves are beautiful, my chubby hands are cute, 
and my eyes always sparkle. 
Dermatology will help me help others in a small but significant
way to accepting themselves and being happy. 
I also hope to be active in my community and begin to 
do motivational workshops helping girls with image issues. 

These are all my dreams, I hope it all works out.
I love all of you and in one form or another you all helped me find
my place in this world. 

Thank you,
Marla 

7 comments:

  1. Hope your dreams come true. From the looks of it, I'm sure they will. It's very enlightening to see a young woman be determined and have life goals set at such a young age. Most girls your age aren't even thinking about what they want to major in college. Keep your mind and heart focused on what you believe in and want in life and you will get it.

    Keep up the good work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decision!! Science kicks ass and I think you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 So proud of your decision Marla! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent career choice, you seem really passionate about it :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome you made a decision and if you love it, i have no doubt you will succeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it all works out for you. I'm glad you've found something that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ur too sweet this is very awesome congrats doll!!

    ReplyDelete