Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Duty as a Human...

Hello,

Today I am not writing about 
makeup, celebrities, or the latest gadget.
Today I am writing to share some information
about the worlds worst war criminal.
Joseph Kony.

Joseph Kony took over a resistance group in Africa and 
named it the Lord Resistance Army (LRA)
He began abducting children, they became
either soldiers or wives for the soldiers.
He taught them to kill, mutilate, and rape civilians.

In its 26 year history the LRA has abducted
30,000 children and has displaced 2.1 million people.

I encourage you to spread the word.
Kony 2012 is a project that is striving to make Kony famous.
Not to celebrate his actions, but to tear him down. 
Countries need to become aware of Kony in order 
to work hard with the Ugandan army.
Joseph Kony must be captured and the LRA must be dismantled.
Do it for justice.
Do it for compassion. 
Do it for the children. 

You can watch a full video on #Kony2012

And please share it on twitter, facebook, 
your blog and any other way possible!

My heart goes out to all of this children and families.

Marla R. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I saw the name all over Twitter and had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about this last night on facebook! I already shared the link on FB but will be doing so in twitter, ig, and here

    ReplyDelete
  3. girll ive been sharing. ur awesome for doing this post some ppl dont have a twitter or facebook so uve opend it for a few more ppl to see..

    ReplyDelete