Saturday, March 3, 2012

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Review

Hey Girls!

During January I purchased the Benefit One Primed Day,
it is a kit that comes with a sample of
Benefit's Porefessional (.25 oz.)
That Gal Illuminating Primer (.25 oz.)
and Stay Don't Stray (.9 oz.)

I have tried out the Stay Don't Stray for about
two months now and I feel confident enough to do a review.
The Stay Don't Stray primer is said to lock in concealer
and eye shadow for all day wear. 
It is a creamy, smooth neutral base and it does
have a tint to it, I would say it is comparable
to "ivory" shades of foundation. I think the shade is a bit
too light for medium to dark skin tones. I don't notice
any immediate shimmer when I apply and blend it. 
The full size is $24.00 for .33 fl. oz. 

I am not impressed with this product at all. 
For one, I feel that my eye shadow does not stay put all
day, it does not crease... it kind of just looses it vibrancy and
looks like someone smudged it.
Another issue I encountered was that you have to blend
it straight after applying, because it dries very quickly. 
If you want to use it for concealing purposes and
you range from light to light medium shades then I recommend it.
It is very opaque and does help highlight and hide under
eye circles. But again, if you have darker skin this might not
work for you!

Overall, I am not impressed with this product and I 
would not purchase the full size.
I am sticking to my ELF Eyelid Primer ha ha!





11 comments:

  1. product is quite expensive for "hit or miss", so nice to know your opinion :)
    And as a primer I use Elf as well, it works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this product was held up to high standards and did not pull through :s

      Delete
  2. thanks for your honest opinion.
    i like my shadow insurance and i am sticking with what works for me.
    i'd like to try the elf one, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to try shadow insurance, I received a sample so I might like it so much I purchase the full size :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, I thought this primer would be pretty good considering the price tag. I love my E.L.F primer as well. Works like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, i tried this and my eye shadow totally creased. It was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I this a few months back ad really like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might just work differently depending on how oily your lids are... (mine are VERY oily)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review! I'd be interested in trying it to prime for concealer, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hm too bad to hear this! one would want to look good through the day not just a few hours! this was good review to read, and hopefully you could use it for something else!?//Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess I will use it as a backup for when my primer finishes :)

      Delete