Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Julep Pout Plumping Gloss Swatches

Hey Girls!

Long time no makeup post! Ha ha...
Well today I have some swatches for you guys along 
with mini reviews, I purchased three of the four lip glosses
available from Julep...

The colors I have are:
Intimacy 
Invite
Ultraviolet

INTIMACY

INVITE

ULTRAVIOLET




Intimacy & Invite

Ultraviolet

Intimacy is described as a nude with 24 karat gold shimmer. 
And honestly, this is my favorite lip gloss! 
The color is gorgeous! 

Invite is described as a soft pink with gold & pearl shimmer.
This color to me is the least beautiful, the shimmer is not
as bold and beautiful as the others. 

Ultraviolet is described as a rich burgundy violet with gold 
and pink pearl. It is gorgeous! And gives the perfect blush to my lips.

On the other hand, the formulation of these lip glosses 
is definitely not my favorite. The feel is not sticky, but since
it is a lip plumper it makes your lips tingly. And it kind of hurts!
I also noticed that after it comes off my lips are swollen, red,
and irritated. Definitely not worth the pain.

The pricing is $18.00. And the packaging sucks!
No imformation and just misplaced stickers.
Really Julep?
These cost more than MAC and honestly I would rather get MAC. 
I received these through a giveaway, but I 
would NOT repurchase. 

XOX
Marla

11 comments:

  1. OOOOO They are SOOOOOO pretty!!!! But I love your review on them. Why would I want to spend almost 20 bucks on something that has problems with packaging? I do not do well when I don't know I'm using. It drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me crazy too ! They don't even mention how much product there is in the tube!

      Delete
  2. wow they all are pretty but I love the golden one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very pretty.
    I love your blog, it's amazing.
    I'm now following=)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Ultraviolet is my fave! I love that color combo together, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty but wayyyyy overpriced! Like you said :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely ! the price is ridiculous!

      Delete
  6. Ooo sorry about the pain, but they look pretty

    ReplyDelete