Sunday, September 11, 2011

Black Capped Chickadee (BirdInspired)

Hey girls,

I haven't done a bird inspired look in a while and I decided to do one inspired by a Black Capped Chickadee... this look is a little bit different though..

And I have to say that I love how it turned out ! It is kinda dark and vampy looking and is probably one of my favorite looks I've done so far.

I wanted to keep this look as muted as possible, because this bird has no other color besides white, gray and black.

If you guys like this look let me know and I can do a tutorial :)

Enough chit chat, on to the products I used..

FACE:
Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Ivory 
Mary Kay Mineral Foundation in beige 1.5 for contouring
MAC Studio Fix in NC25 to set it all 
A pink-purple shimmery shadow for cheeks


EYES:
ELF Eyelid Primer 
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk all over lid
Hard Candy Pencil Liner in Soy Bean to line eyes and create cut crease
Mark Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Edge for the crease
Signature Minerals Loose Eyeshadow in White on lid
MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Shadowy Lady blended just above the crease towards the brow bone
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
Elizabeth Arden Eyeliner Pencil in Brown Black to fill in brows


LIPS:
Black Liner to line lips
NYC Lipstick in Blackula









lol i had to include this :)
this is the cute birdy :) 
xoxo,
marla <3

8 comments:

  1. I'm sooo in to your black lips! and it is so fun to experiment with these kinds of darker looks don't you think!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that lipcolor on you a lot, not a ton of people could pull that off. And that birdie is supacute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @EyeGraffiti definitely ! i love dark colors ! :)

    @meridith thank you <3

    @jessica rivera lol yea definitely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the BLACK lips! My absolute favorite part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the conturing you did with the shadow! Yay for black lipstick! :D
    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look. I've been in love with dark lipsticks lately & you pulled this lipstick off well.

    ReplyDelete