Saturday, September 17, 2011

7 Deadly Sins Series: Sloth (halloween wearable)

** used vaseline on lids to make it glossy **

Sloth is the reluctance to work; or in other words Laziness..

It is also defined as the wasting of a skill or talent given to you by God; for instance you have been blessed with a beautiful voice but refuse to use it.

My interpretation is that by wasting your virtues or gifts you spend time on unusual things and therefore slowly but surely your skill is lost and you are left with nothing of value.

I wanted to do a look that signified death, sorrow, and emptiness.. something with not much color or aliveness.

As people that are lazy usually seem like they have no life in them... they are lifeless.

Here is my look.

I wanted to add glossy-ness to my look because I wanted to make the illusion that I was crying.






Products Used:

FACE:
Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Ivory
Cyber Lipstick from MAC for contouring

LIPS:
Cyber Lipstick in the middle dabbed over powder

EYES:
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
Coastal Scents 88 Palette:
black shadow, and the two dark purple shadows
Nude shadow for highlight


Thats it :)

I hope you enjoyed the first look of my series...
and if you think this would be nice for halloween request a tutorial !

- MARLA

<3

12 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE this look! Very gothic :P You're really good with make-up, very inspiring, I deffo have to try these looks out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOMG! This is so cool! You did an amazing job! Love it girl! keep it up! Your an Artist! -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this looks amazing! I love the glossiness, it's such a cool effect alongside the matte lips :D
    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so evocative of oil and slow, drippy, sticky evil. Perfection. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome look for halloween !!! Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for being a halloween look, I must say that you do fit it somehow. I liked the lips very much, surprisingly maybe, but it was something about that colour! You really try these odd looks, and nail them so hard, I like that!!!
    And thank you btw for the high spirit comment on the blue playing session I did!! (",)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this is amazingggg!!! you make the sexiest zombie aka sloth sinner ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol thanks so much girls <3
    i'm so happy for all the positive feedback !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how this turned out. I like how it's all grungy and dark. Excited to see the rest of the looks in your series. :)

    ReplyDelete