Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Makeup Story TAG (more about me)

VOTE ON THE POLL TO THE LEFT !
BONKERS about MAKEUP

1. How old were you when you start wearing makeup?
I have been wearing makeup for as long as I can remember, I am the baby of the family so I grew up watching my sisters but on lipliner and mascara... And my mom is a cosmetologist so she was also very much into makeup. It has basically always surrounded me. But I remember that I actually got really into it around 5th grade, I would even carry a makeup bag to school full of makeup I had stolen from my sisters ha ha... Needless to say they weren't too happy about me taking their things :) 

2. How did you get into makeup?
When I was in 8th grade is when my passion for makeup started to grow, this was when I first uncovered MakeupGeek (my favorite YouTube guru) and when my life started to shift and get a little harder... Makeup was something I took comfort in.  
I moved school A LOT ! And it became really difficult for me to learn to trust people or make friends, I never seemed to click with the groups that were already formed. So I became independent and focused on myself. I have a lot of dreams and I am focused on achieving them.. :)
3. What are some of your favourite brands?
My favorite brands are E.L.F, MAC, and Hard Candy.... I don't purchase a lot of makeup very often because things can get pricey but now that I'm going to start working I know I am going to have a lot more favorite brands ;) 

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Makeup to me is an extension of who I am... I don't wear makeup to hide or to become someone else... I wear it because I want to. And because I enjoy sitting down and applying countless products on my face. 
:) 

5. If you could only wear four products on your face what would they be?
I would wear,
Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Mascara 
Bronzer
ELF Lipstain :)
6. What is your favourite thing about makeup?
My favorite thing about makeup is the countless options there are, I wear makeup not only according to what I'm wearing or where I'm going but also on how I'm feeling....
There are so many brands, colors, shades, textures, and finishes to choose from... It kinda drives me BONKERS  ! But in a good way :)

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I think it depends on the product... there are many crappy high end products and there are many crappy low end ones... I personally have a mixture of favs both high end and drugstore :)

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Practice, practice, practice... keep on practicing to achieve a perfect winged liner, keep on practicing to achieve a perfectly sculpted face, keep on practicing to achieve a perfect red lip.... It's all about PRACTICE. 

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Aaaaaaaah I can't think of any lol.... give me your opinions on this one girls. All the latest beauty trends that have come out I have loved !
Like the orange lipstick and the big brow look from Prada :)

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube and Blogger?  
I think that the Beauty community on both YT and Blogger are amazing.. you can learn so much and voice your opinion. This is the next big thing after the Internet ! lol ok maybe not quite so big YET but it really is amazing.
Actual people voice their true opinions on products & now you don't believe everything an advertisement says... It really is something that I am grateful to experience :)

That's me practicing my eyeliner techniques and already learning to get a pop of color from pink lipstick lol :) By the way that date is because I took a picture of the picture and my camera date is messed up :/ lol

I TAG ALL OF YOU TO DO THIS POST :) 
AND PLEASE COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR LINKS SO I CAN READ YOUR WONDERFUL STORIES :)

much love,
marla

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous getting to know you questionnaire, I'm going to steal a few of these questions for my blogger of the month interviews

    ReplyDelete