Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back To School Survival Kit ! :)



VOTE ON MY POLL TO THE LEFT ! * WATCH BACK2SCHOOL TUTORIAL


Hey girls,

Now that I'm heading back to school I wanted to share my "survival kit" or my essential things that I always carry or keep in my locker...
I know that for some of you it might seem a bit much... but keep in mind that we are in school at least 8 hrs and in those 8 hrs MANY things could occur.
I wanted to break down this list into two parts; essentials & beauty items (that you may or may not want to bring)
Some of the beauty items are definitely not "needed" for survival but it does help out in any little rut :)

Essentials:

  • Hand Sanitizer: I definitely recommend purchasing a mini hand sanitizer and having it with you at all times, sometimes school bathrooms don't have soap or sometimes you touch something icky. And school desks are full of germs ! Eeeeek.
  • Pads or Tampons: These are definitely a must for any girl, you don't know when nature will give you a little surprise !
  • Pain Reliever: You can choose from tylenol, advil, or midol... I always carry these because I cramp really bad and I tend to get headaches... it's always handy.
  • Floss or Toothpick or Floss-Toothpicks: After lunch I always floss because I got used to it when I had braces no one wants to have food in their teeth ! 
  • SUNSCREEN: Always, always, always have this handy. Sunscreen not only protects you from unattractive tan lines but also from skin cancer. Try TOCCA Sunscreen Towelettes they are a bit pricey but very conventional.
  • Hand or Body Lotion: This is always something good to have because since fall and winter is coming up dry skin is common... and it is not attractive !
  • Hair ties and/or bobby pins: These are a must, there are days when you wear your hair down and then it starts bothering you.. so always have something to pin it back :)
  • Tissues: Sneezing can become a real issue if you don't have these handy, if you catch my drift...
  • Mouthwash or Gum or Breathspray: Everyone loves good smelling breath :)
  • Water Bottle: I recommend getting a water bottle with  a filter, they are cute, handy, and  eco friendly. 
  • Mini Deodorant: This is a MUST. You always want to smell fresh and clean at school :)
  • A couple of Bandages: I recommend cute Hello Kitty ones, you never know when you can get a paper cut !
For the Hand Sanitizer, Pain Relievers, Tissues, and Deodorant you could find mini sizes at your local dollar store or in the travel section stuff in Wal-Mart :) 
Buy mini sizes because it will save you a ton of space.

I also recommend getting the little bottles of lotion and mouthwash from hotels and just filling them with your product of choice because they are smaller than the mini ones from stores. 

Beauty:
  • Blotting Paper: I sometimes get oily and these come in handy. Quick tip you could always use the toilet seat covers :) They work just the same !
  • Lipgloss or Chapstick: I always take a lipgloss and Chapstick just in case ...
  • Mini Perfume: Like the ones you get with samples, they are life savers when your looking to freshen up after gym class :)
  • Blotting Powder and Powder Puff or Brush: Not a necessity but it does help on those hot humid days..
  • Mini Hairspray: if you have a lot of trouble with fly aways this will help ..
  • Nail File: In case you break a nail, or to calm your nerves ..
  • Mini Brush: you know those brushes that have a mirror and brush and you fold them... they come in handy !!!!
  • Mirror: If you get the brush I mentioned you will kill two birds with one stone.
  • Tweezers: In case you have a hair out of place or get a splinter in your finger ...
And that's my survival list :)
Midol Pain Reliever, Hand Sanitizer, Mouthwash, Lotion, Chapstick, Lipgloss. 
Hello Kitty Band Aids, Bobby Pins, Floss, Mark Cosmetics Blotting Paper, Pad, TOCCA Sunscreen Towelettes,  Hair Tie, Nail File. 
MISSING: DEODORANT, MIRROR, BRUSH, TWEEZERS, HAIR SPRAY, WATER BOTTLE, PERFUME, BLOTTING POWDER W/ BRUSH, AND TISSUES. Going to go buy these things :)

Please share your list of survival with me :)

<3
Marla

good luck to all you girls going back to school !


4 comments:

  1. SPF towelettes??!! wow, never heard of it!!! I must give it a try :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. really useful post (: love it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that sunscreen is on your list! not enough people take the necessity for sunscreen seriously and it is SO important!!

    Hope you have had the chance to enter our giveaway for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!

    Blessings,
    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete