Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bird Inspired Pictorial: Ruby Throated Hummingbird

Hey Gals,
I know I have been neglecting to do my monthly bird inspired tutorials, I'm sorry...
If you didn't know about these let me explain:
I wanted to do a look inspired by nature and instead of picking flowers which is what people usually do I decided to pick Birds:)

So far I've done 3, click on the names to see the blogpost:
Cedar Waxwing
Downy Woodpecker
Baltimore Oriole

This month the inspiration was the Ruby Throated Hummingbird :)
Hummingbirds are gorgeous and full of color ! The picture I got inspiration from had a hummingbird with obviously a ruby color on it's chest, black on its head, and blue, green, and purple tones in different parts of it's tiny body :)

I hope you guys like what I've came up with, and maybe you can recreate a look using the picture as inspiration and email it to me :)

MARLAANDMAKEUP@GMAIL.COM (in case your wondering)

I didn't use the ruby color in my eyes instead I used it on my lips, just a little twist I added to this monthly look :)

Do you guys enjoy these bird inspiration looks?
Let me know your thoughts:)








love,
Marla & Birdy :)

7 comments:

  1. I love how you do your makeup. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous:) Thanks for the follow btw. I love this look, it totally reminds me of a hummingbird!!

    http://makeupaddict22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very prettyyy; u have great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love this colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow *_* this is very beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and i had to subby! Great work and I love this look by the way!

    ReplyDelete