Saturday, March 12, 2011

light vs. dark

hello loves, I'm in San Diego today so I decided to address a question that was made to me by my sister.
she wanted to know when it's appropiate to wear a "dark" look and when it's appropriate to wear a "light" look, I put quotations around those words because light and dark is subjective; meaning what I think is Light might be Dark for you.

Personally, I do my makeup according to how I feel, my makeup is my way of expressing myself, just like people dress a certain way in order to express themselves.

But that's just me, if you feel that you have to tone down your makeup to go to work but you still want to look made up then try something like a brown smoky eye, it will still accentuate your eyes but it won't be as dark. A light wash of color would also be very nice. I recommend taking a quad of shadows with some dark and light shades to work so you could make your makeup more dramatic if your going out right after work.

For example the quad could consist of: a light beige shade, a mid tone (optional: shimmery) brown, a dark brown, and a black.
This quad will let you create most of the basic looks :)


I am gonna do a tutorial of four different looks using the same colors. So stay tuned for that :P

Remember, light and dark is subjective. If you feel like wearing something go for it, and if you feel that it would be wrong to wear that to work... then try to tone it down and yet achieve the same look.

Some ideas to consider:
Lining your eyes is a very nice look that defines your eyes, and winging out your eyeliner makes it even more dramatic. I love lining my eyes with a thick winged out shape:)

Tip: lining just the bottom of your eye can make you look years older so I don't recommend that.

A red lip always makes a statement, it also makes you look cheerful. But remember to make sure to get a shade of red that goes well with your skin tone, not every red is for everyone.

Tip: too scared to try red? try a coral or orangey-pink color, It's the new red:P

Lashes, lashes, lashes. They make a difference girl! Whether it's fake lashes or natural. They could make your eyes look more awake and open:) trust me.

Tip: lash extensions look very nice and natural, google for places around you:)

That's all the tips for today huns' ... I'll be back with some tutorials soon enough :)
Ask any questions:P
I don't bite.

Marla, xoxoxo, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment